TRAINEESHIP DESIGN FOR EXCELLENCE (DFX)
As Trainee Design for Excellence (DFX) you will get the opportunity to become an indispensable specialist and provide a great contribution to tomorrows’ manufacturing industry.
We kijken ernaar uit van je te horen.Solliciteer nu
| Your challenges?
As Trainee Design for Excellence (DFX) you will get the opportunity to become an indispensable specialist and provide a great contribution to tomorrows’ manufacturing industry. In the Design & Engineering phase, 80% of the cost price is determined. More and more we see traditional Designers and Engineers (with the best intentions) focusing on functional requirements, spending too little time in Design for Manufacturing (DfM) and Design for Cost (DfC). Therefor it becomes more difficult to remain competitive in a challenging industry.
TMC and one of our clients in the Eindhoven region offer you an exclusive opportunity to become a specialist in the field of manufacturability and cost awareness. During a traineeship of about 2 years, you will learn and practice:
- Design for Manufacturing principles;
- Design for Cost principles;
- Effective influencing without power;
- Consult and lead cost reduction projects;
- Networking and stakeholder management skills (both internal as well as customer- & supplier contact).
| What do we expect from you?
The ideal candidate fits the following:
- Willing to invest in personal and professional development;
- Education: higher technical vocation (BSc) or university degree (MSc) in the field of Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics or equivalent;
- 2 to 5 years of experience, preferably design & engineering experience, as well as working on shop floor;
- Gets excited about intermediary position between R&D and Production;
- Interest or affinity with product and process cost and savings;
- Strong social and communication skills (self-confident, persuasive, pro-active, stakeholder management, curious);
- Fluent in Dutch (writing and verbal) is an absolute must.
| What does our Business Cell have to offer?
Within TMC NPI, our team of dedicated technical professionals is capable to advise, share knowledge and implement improvements in the phase between R&D and Production. Main goal of the NPI professional is to shorten the Time to Market, by taking a critical look at the Reliability, Availability, Manufacturability and Sustainability (RAMS) of a product or process.
We are bridge-builders between R&D and production and understand the language of both worlds. We’re technically involved and interact with all the stakeholders involved. We work to exceed our customers’ expectations, focusing energy and expertise in all the stages of bringing a new product to market: Process Development, Manufacturing Engineering, Technical Supplier Engineering, Equipment Engineering, Test/ Proto Engineering or Project Management NPI. Most of our projects occur in high-tech machinery, process industry, automotive, semicon and the healthtech industry.
| What can you expect from TMC?
TMC is an international high-tech consultancy company that brings expertise to their clients in order to support them with the realization of their technological challenges. As such, TMC is operating as an expert center at the disposition of its clients and we help them to be more competitive in an ever more global and faster changing technological world.
At TMC we believe that people are the driving force behind technological innovation. That is why we want to create the best possible conditions for tech talents to thrive in. We offer you a challenging and stimulating work environment in which you can be the director of your own career.
As an Employeneur you are part of our TMC family. Next to our outstanding technical expertise, fun and engagement are meaningful parts of our culture.
| Why choose for Employeneurship?
We are truly unique thanks to our Employeneurship model which is a true innovation for the High Technology consulting business. It is the business relationship of the 21th century for high skilled technical professionals. It is built around 5 main pillars:
- You will have a permanent employment contract, offering you stability and security
- You will get to know your market value and have a share in the profit your work generates thanks to the individual profit sharing
- We will support you with a one-on-one coaching and trainings designed to help you develop your entrepreneurial skills
- The competence cells structure, provides you with a strong meaningful and relevant network
- The entrepreneurial lab: a playground for new ideas and a potential launching for start-ups
TMC is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.