(SENIOR) MATERIAL SCIENTIST
Our ideal candidate for this position is an experienced material scientist with a high affinity for an industrial environment. During your previous work, you have been responsible for modifying or functionalizing surfaces and therefore enhancing their properties. Also, you should have translated their nano-characteristics to a macroscopic properties.
• Master or PhD in Nanotechnology, Physics, Material Science, Chemistry or a similar study;
• 3-10 years of relevant R&D experience in the high-tech industry; • Extensive experience in surface functionalization and nanostructure synthesis, such as CNT, nanoparticles, colloids, coatings, quantum dots, 2D materials etc.;
• Hands-on experience with characterization tools such as AFM, TEM, XRD, XPS, SEM, etc.
• Experience with data analysis software such as Matlab or Python;
• Very good oral and written communicative skills in English (Dutch is highly desirable);
• Strong personality, result-driven, initiator;
• Proactively expand network and expertise;
• Entrepreneurial spirit.
EXPECTATIONS OF TMC
We offer excellent primary and secondary terms of employment, based on our unique employeneurship business model:
• Market level salary, based on education and experience;
• Individual profit sharing;
• Personal education and coaching budget to advance your career;
• A permanent contract;
• Large network in specialized business cells;
• Involvement in the development of the company;
• Personal control of your secondary benefits.
TMC Nanotechnology is an innovative engineering and consultancy company active in the nanotechnology market domain. Our experts and consultants are mainly working in projects within research and engineering departments of our clients. The Employeneurs of TMC Nanotechnology have a focus on the nano- to micrometer size scale. Tailoring materials and processes on that scale to their benefit and translating nanoscale phenomena to real world applications. Their multidisciplinary, pragmatic and entrepreneurial way of working provide innovative solutions for projects ranging from, concept development to research and development to new product introduction. They are involved in fundamental and applied research assignments that require high-level technological expertise, contributing to the development of complex products and processes that are crucial for our customers.
TMC Nanotechnology competencies are:
• Equipment & Process development
• Nanostructure synthesis & functionalization
• Microfabrication & Modelling
• Material Characterization
TMC EMPLOYENEURSHIP MODEL
TMC is a unique collection of self-starting, highly skilled and almost self-employed technical professionals. Our unparalleled Employeneurship model offers engineers from all backgrounds the comforts of employment and the opportunities of entrepreneurship. This makes a challenging, stimulating environment that you are welcome to explore.