DATA SCIENTIST BIOINFORMATICS
In this position, you will apply your expertise in bioinformatics, machine learning, quantitative data analysis and leadership to develop innovative data science solutions across multiple therapeutic areas in clinical drug development, thereby thinking along in various applications of bioinformatics and data analysis tools in our in our focus areas of food safety, fermentation, protein transition and the human microbiome. To achieve this, you will scout new technologies/methods and work in a highly multidisciplinary environment with world leading clinicians, data scientists, biological experts, statisticians and IT professionals.
We kijken ernaar uit van je te horen.Solliciteer nu
| YOUR CHALLENGES?
In this position, you will apply your expertise in bioinformatics, machine learning, quantitative data analysis and leadership to develop innovative data science solutions across multiple therapeutic areas in clinical drug development. In addition, you have a potential to collaborate with experts across diverse scientific disciplines thereby thinking along in various applications of bioinformatics and data analysis tools in our in our focus areas of food safety, fermentation, protein transition and the human microbiome. Your knowledge and input will be applied for development of new algorithms and visualizations, configuration and optimization of the data pipeline. To achieve this, you will scout new technologies/methods and work in a highly multidisciplinary environment with world leading clinicians, data scientists, biological experts, statisticians and IT professionals.
As a data scientist bioinformatics you will:
- Develop, implement and support novel bioinformatics solutions designed to drive the interrogation of human disease biology. This includes data from signal pathway analysis, cellular characterization, integrated multi-omics technologies, and other systems biologymethods for biomarker and target discovery.
- Researching and developing machine learning models, forecasting and optimization methods on multi-modal data to guide decision-making about and resourcing of our drug projects.
- Perform expert scientific research, including establishment of scientific hypothesis that can be approached using computational methods and tools. Present or publish findings for conferences and in peer reviewed journals.
- Build and manage effective relationships with stakeholders to insure utilization and value of information resources and services.
| WHAT DO WE EXPECT FROM YOU?
- You have a PhD degree in Bioinformatics, or MSc degree Bioinformatics with 4+ years of working experience within the industry.
- Advanced software development skills in at least one of the standard data science languages (such as R, Julia or Python) and familiarity with database systems (e.g. SQL, NoSQL, graph), and are able to use and set up NGS pipelines
- Comfortable working in high performance computing or cloud environment
- Experience of manipulating and analysing large high dimensionality unstructured biomedical datasets, drawing conclusions, defining recommended actions, and reporting results across stakeholders
- Demonstrated scientific knowledge of cell biology, molecular biology, immunology, or biochemistry, especially as it relates to translational science research and development
- Excellent written and verbal communication, business analysis, and consultancy skills
- A passion to apply machine learning to solve difficult problems in drug development
| WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT FROM TMC?
TMC is an international high-tech consultancy company that brings expertise to their clients in order to support them with the realization of their technological challenges. As such, TMC is operating as an expert center at the disposition of its clients and we help them to be more competitive in an ever more global and faster changing technological world.
At TMC we believe that people are the driving force behind technological innovation. That is why we want to create the best possible conditions for tech talents to thrive in. We offer you a challenging and stimulating work environment in which you can be the director of your own career.
As an Employeneur you are part of our TMC family. Next to our outstanding technical expertise, fun and engagement are meaningful parts of our culture.
| WHY CHOOSE FOR EMPLOYENEURSHIP?
We are truly unique thanks to our Employeneurship model which is a true innovation for the High Technology consulting business. It is the business relationship of the 21th century for high skilled technical professionals. It is built around 5 main pillars:
- You will have a permanent employment contract, offering you stability and security
- You will get to know your market value and have a share in the profit your work generates thanks to the individual profit sharing
- We will support you with a one-on-one coaching and trainings designed to help you develop your entrepreneurial skills
- The competence cells structure, provides you with a strong meaningful and relevant network
- The entrepreneurial lab: a playground for new ideas and a potential launching for start-ups
TMC is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Past TMC perfect bij jou? We kijken ernaar uit van je te horen.
Feel Free to Contact
Director Data Science, Netherlands
Tel: +31 (0)6 52 89 25 70