As a Data Engineer you will apply the latest technologies and tools to implement complex Big Data platform architectures and pipelines. You will be closely working with domain/technical experts, platform architects, IT specialists, software developers, data scientists and analysts to drive successful implementation and maintenance of complex software solutions. On top of your profound technical capabilities, your success will strongly dependent on your interpersonal skills and your ability to communicate across disciplines.
You will be working in a multi-disciplinary team of data scientists, physicists, computer scientists, and system architects to build Big Data platforms and data processing pipelines. You will develop and implement complex data management software solutions leveraging cutting-edge software frameworks and tools.
As a Data Engineer in our team you will be challenged with:
• Designing and/or building the complex data processing infrastructure that meets the business’s requirements;
• transforming large, complex data-sets into pragmatic, actionable insights;
• leveraging data to identify, quantify and realize tangible business gain;
• have the capacity to thrive in our fast-paced environment, adapt quickly and take ownership of your work;
• challenge ideas and methods while working together with talented, highly skilled team members.
You have an MSc or PhD in software engineering, computer science, (theoretical) physics, econometrics, statistics, scientific computing, bioinformatics or comparable background; and related background with at least 3 years of work experience. During your M.Sc., Ph.D. or through professional experience you have gained expertise in one or more of the following topics:
- Preferably >2 years of hands-on experience in building complex Big Data platforms and pipelines (ETL, both batch- and stream-data processing)
- Solid knowledge of software system design and distributed architectures
- Hands-on experience managing and using distributed data management systems and clusters (e.g. HDFS, Cassandra, Druid, HBase, MongoDB, Parquet, ZooKeeper, Airflow)
- Hands-on experience managing and using Big Data processing frameworks (e.g. Hadoop, Kafka, Hive, Spark, Drill, Impala, Flume, Storm, Flink)• 3+ years of industry experience;
- Proven experience and affinity with designing and building of data processing solutions, data storage solutions, cloud solutions, and / or database management;
- Experience with processing large data sets (> 1 TB) is considered a plus;
- Excellent communicator, who can convince across disciplines
- Team player, good social skills, pro-active and customer-oriented
- Practical approach, being able to work in a high demanding, result driven environment
- Thinks creative, out of the box
- Serious motivation for the Employeneurship model of TMC.
What you can expect of TMC
We offer excellent primary and secondary conditions of employment, among which are:
- A permanent contract;
- market level salary, based on education and experience;
- individual profit sharing;
- a personal education and coaching budget to develop your career;
- personal control of your secondary benefits;
- collective health insurance;
- travel compensation;
- a platform to share knowledge with peers;
- involvement in the development of the company;
- cool projects.
Expertise Data Scientist
TMC Data Science is looking for people who are inspired by the TMC Employeneur model and who are looking to develop their career in a challenging environment. You want to be active in a multi-disciplinary team that drives technological progress. You have a pragmatic and entrepreneurial mindset, and you tackle challenges in a pro-active manner. You have excellent oral and written communication skills and can handle multiple projects and activities simultaneously.
TMC Employeneurship Model
TMC is a unique collection of self-starting, highly skilled and almost self-employed technical professionals. Our unparalleled Employeneurship model offers engineers from all backgrounds the comforts of employment and the opportunities of entrepreneurship. This makes a challenging, stimulating environment that you are welcome to explore.