Big Data Engineer
In this position you will be responsible for developing innovative big data solutions with focus on, but not limited to, Smart Manufacturing and Factory Automation.
We kijken ernaar uit van je te horen.Solliciteer nu
| Your challenges?
As a Big Data Engineer you are responsible for the design, construction and integration of systems for data. You also advise and guide you from an expert role on optimizing data flows and data quality improvement to the various stakeholders.
The Data Engineer works with the data architects, data analytics team, data scientists and data warehouse engineers in order to understand and aid in the implementation of database requirements, analyze performance, and troubleshoot any existent issues. The position of the Data Engineer also plays a key role in the development and deployment of innovative big data platforms for advanced analytics and data processing.
- Participate in proof of concepts for determining fit for purpose solutions
- Work with a variety of databases
- Build and optimize ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets
- Perform root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement
- Work with unstructured datasets
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management
- Manipulate, process and extract value from large disconnected datasets
- Setup message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores
- Work with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
- Perform thorough testing and validation in order to support the accuracy of data transformations and data verification used in machine learning models
- Enable and run data migrations across different databases and different servers
- Analyze complex data elements and systems, data flow, dependencies, and relationships in order to contribute to conceptual physical and logical data models
- Develop and implement scripts for database maintenance, monitoring, and performance tuning to be applied across the business
| What do we expect from you?
Preferably 5+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role, who has attained a Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases
- Experience with AWS cloud services.
- Experience with Data Virtualization tools
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools
- Experience with extract, transform, load tools.
- Experience with Maniche Learning and/or AI
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- A team player with good analytical skills and hands on mentality.
| What does our Business Cell have to offer?
We have a highly specialized and varied team. This provides a lot of expertise and knowledge that you can learn a lot from.
With our strong network and your personal ambition, we will ensure a wonderful career together.
| What can you expect from TMC?
TMC is an international high-tech consultancy company that brings expertise to their clients in order to support them with the realization of their technological challenges. As such, TMC is operating as an expert center at the disposition of its clients and we help them to be more competitive in an ever more global and faster changing technological world.
At TMC we believe that people are the driving force behind technological innovation. That is why we want to create the best possible conditions for tech talents to thrive in. We offer you a challenging and stimulating work environment in which you can be the director of your own career.
As an Employeneur you are part of our TMC family. Next to our outstanding technical expertise, fun and engagement are meaningful parts of our culture.
| Why choose for Employeneurship?
We are truly unique thanks to our Employeneurship model which is a true innovation for the High Technology consulting business. It is the business relationship of the 21th century for high skilled technical professionals. It is built around 5 main pillars:
- You will have a permanent employment contract, offering you stability and security
- You will get to know your market value and have a share in the profit your work generates thanks to the individual profit sharing
- We will support you with a one-on-one coaching and trainings designed to help you develop your entrepreneurial skills
- The competence cells structure, provides you with a strong meaningful and relevant network
- The entrepreneurial lab: a playground for new ideas and a potential launching for start-ups
TMC is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Past TMC perfect bij jou? We kijken ernaar uit van je te horen.
Feel Free to Contact
Business Manager Data Science, Netherlands
Tel: +31 (0)6 15 57 86 19