Last Wednesday, Zara Rutherford started her journey, her adventure, to become the youngest woman ever to fly around the world solo. For us, Zara is a role model, someone who follows her dreams, who shows an enormous entrepreneurial drive.
This fits seamlessly with our unique model, with which we enable technicians worldwide to make their dreams come true. We have committed ourselves to Zara Rutherford’s mission. We are very proud to accompany Zara as a partner during this adventure as we support and share her values and purpose:
- Zara is a young, entrepreneurial woman, who follows her dreams with a lot of passion for technology and an endless drive to personally develop herself..
- Her mission is to inspire other women to pursue their dreams in aviation and STEM (science, technology, engineering, mathematics).
- She is driving a state of art, unique and innovative plane.
- The whole trip around the world will use less fuel than 10 minutes of a normal commercial plane and the carbon footprint will be more than fully compensated.
- Her dream is to study engineering and become an astronaut.
But who is Zara? Time for a short introduction:
''My name is Zara Rutherford, I’m 19 years old and I’m hoping to become the youngest woman and first Belgian in history to fly solo around the world. Ultimately, my dream is to become an astronaut.
My mission is to inspire other young girls and women to pursue their dreams in aviation and STEM (science, technology, engineering, mathematics) as these are heavily male-dominated.
The youngest woman who has flown solo around the world so far was 30 years old. The youngest man – 18. With this flight I hope to reduce “the (dream) gap” by more than a decade, hoping to encourage both boys and girls to pursue their interests, even if they don’t ‘fit the mould’ for that particular field. ''
Want to know more? Visit: https://flyzolo.com/
Zara, we are proud to be with you on this journey and will follow you day by day with enthusiasm!
*Picture: Sven Hoyaux