Thin Film Process Engineer
As thin film process engineer you develop and optimize the production process for thin films in a large volume production setting for one of our clients.
We’d love to hear from you.Apply now
| Your challenges?
You should have extensive thin film technology knowledge and actively contribute to the development of processes for new membranes, including the industrialization, and help to steer the process maturity improvements needed for manufacturing of existing membranes.
For the development of new thin film manufacturing processes definition of DOE’s, conducting experiments, characterization of layers/stacks and definition of follow-up investigations are part of the activities.
For the steering of the process development of thin film membranes and the industrialization of the manufacturing process of these membranes process analysis and product-process relation investigations are required; including assessment of process capability and control
Support and guide the development and industrialization of deposition technologies for extremely thin layers/stacks, structuring of these layers while providing the desired functionality.
Effectively use characterization methods to measure/characterize membrane films during the stages of the manufacturing process and correlate analysis results with the product performance.
Evaluation of the product performance of the membranes by functional testing.
Process development and industrialization is achieved by (guiding of) experimental testing, possibly at external facilities, and in cooperation with external partners in combination with extensive analysis.
| What do we expect from you?
- Min. MSc or PhD, material science, physical chemistry/physics with affinity for thin film technology
- More than 12 years experience in thin film process development and manufacturing, post educational journey completion.
- Extensive operational experience in process manufacturing (factory-setup understanding) and industrialization
- High knowledge level on Thin film technology and materials (properties, processing, interfaces)
- Ability to cover process development ranging from research phase, development phase, pilot production to ramp up in high volume production
- Sound knowledge level on material characterization and metrology
- Familiar with high tech production processes, e.g. semiconductors, displays
- Working in a multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural environment is a second nature
- Preferably has experience in a project where activities covered all the way from (a) supplier(s) to the end user
- To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Broad technical view, ability to oversee the impact of processing details on a product
- Drive for manufacturability and robustness
- Able to drive forward the technical progress
- Can work independently in a dynamic, explorative environment
- Strong analytical ability with a pragmatic attitude
- Highly committed and flexible
- Robust personality
- Team player
- Good communicational skills and knowledge of English.
- Able to see the bigger picture
- Willingness for occasional travel to our international offices.
| What does our Business Cell have to offer?
TMC Nanotechnology consists of a close team of over 25 nanotechnologists with different levels of experience and background. Your colleagues will form the inner circle of you professional network, support you to find opportunities for yourself and facilitate your personal growth. Together with our Business manager we have a strong view on the nanotechnology market and demands.
Nanotechnologists at TMC are focusing on nanomaterials, thin films and nano- and microdevice development and production. With our expertise we help clients with project that have a strong impact in society.
Our multidisciplinary, pragmatic and entrepreneurial way of working provide innovative solutions for projects ranging from, design to research and development up to new product introduction.
| What can you expect from TMC?
TMC is an international high-tech consultancy company that brings expertise to their clients in order to support them with the realization of their technological challenges. As such, TMC is operating as an expert center at the disposition of its clients and we help them to be more competitive in an ever more global and faster changing technological world.
At TMC we believe that people are the driving force behind technological innovation. That is why we want to create the best possible conditions for tech talents to thrive in. We offer you a challenging and stimulating work environment in which you can be the director of your own career.
As an Employeneur you are part of our TMC family. Next to our outstanding technical expertise, fun and engagement are meaningful parts of our culture.
| Why choose for Employeneurship?
We are truly unique thanks to our Employeneurship model which is a true innovation for the High Technology consulting business. It is the business relationship of the 21th century for high skilled technical professionals. It is built around 5 main pillars:
- You will have a permanent employment contract, offering you stability and security
- You will get to know your market value and have a share in the profit your work generates thanks to the individual profit sharing
- We will support you with a one-on-one coaching and trainings designed to help you develop your entrepreneurial skills
- The competence cells structure, provides you with a strong meaningful and relevant network
- The entrepreneurial lab: a playground for new ideas and a potential launching for start-ups
TMC is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Is TMC a perfect fit for you? We’d love to hear from you.
Feel Free to Contact
Business manager Nanotechnology, Netherlands
Tel: +31 (0)6 54 93 80 45