TEST EQUIPMENT DESIGNER
TEST EQUIPMENT DESIGNER
As a Senior Test Engineer for Electronics Equipment, based in Italy, Milan area, you work on several Research&Development challenging projects, where the technology and the innovation play a crucial role. You operate in a growing multi-cultural and multi-discipline team, where you can improve your technical competences and soft skills as well.
You are involved in a leading company for electronics development. You use your knowledge to contribute to the projects success and to meet the deadlines. You are responsible for planning the design, development, implementation of production automatic Test Systems and enforce cost-effective methods for testing and troubleshooting systems, software, and/or equipment.
You develop and modify test programs under LabView/TestStand environment, instrument drivers and step types; also, you develop and support diagnostic tests, create test plans and procedures, perform failure analysis on test equipment failures; you work closely with other functional groups (such as project managers, hardware, firmware and mechanical engineers) following the test equipment development up to the installation at manufacturing site; you work with the customer for designing their requirements and take active role in design review.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
You have a M. Sc in Electronics/Electrical Engineering (or similar) and at least 5 years of experience in the production test equipment software design. During your academic or through professional experience you have gained expertise in the following fields:
- National Instruments Platform (PXI, DAQ)
- Electrical Lab Equipment and measurement instrumentation (oscilloscopes, DMM, PS, meters…)
- LabView/ TestStand
- Programming Languages: C, C#
- Design of complex test equipments (integrating electronics and mechanics)
- Embedded microcontroller architectures
- A/D conversion techniques
- Communication lines USB, RS232, SPI, I2C
- Wireless systems (BlueTooth, Wi-Fi, RFID, ZigBee)
- Orcad Capture CIS (schematics reading)
YOUR PERFORMANCE PROFILE
You are a team player, but you can act independently and show leadership in the projects in which you are involved, and problem solving is your attitude. You have a pragmatic, result-driven and entrepreneurial mindset, and you tackle challenges in a pro-active manner. You have excellent oral and written communication skills and can handle multiple projects and activities simultaneously. You have a good knowledge of English language, spoken and written.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT OF TMC
- Salary based on education and experience;
- Individual profit sharing;
- A personal education and coaching budget to develop your career;
- A permanent contract;
- Mobility and relocation reimbursement;
- Collective health insurance;
- Involvement in the development of the company;
Luca de Boni
TMC Italy SRA