| JOB DESCRIPTION
We are looking for a Technical Manager to join our TMC Employeneurs Middle East team in the UAE, Dubai. As a Technical Manager, your main responsibility is managing the machinery and technical offshore installations.
You are expected to run several projects in which:
- You are also responsible for all of the operation and maintenance of both machinery and electronics, and you also install new machinery.
- You are responsible to monitor vessel technical reports.
- You are involved in preparation, budgeting and execution of retrofitting, dry docking and any other technical project
- You can provide support to the Project Manager on all technical aspects of the project when needed.
- You should be comfortable with client facing scenarios and work well under pressure, managing your workload to meet strict deadlines.
- You ensure implementation of suitable and efficient planned maintenance system within the company for vessels under your responsibility.
- You follow up with the ship’s performance in liaise with the operation activities related to the vessels.
- You are responsible to monitoring ship maintenance, repairs, technical inspections, statutory & Class documents, dry-dock, budget follow up, spares inventory
- You are supervising the technical crew and responsible for environmental care and safety.
- You are identifying technical requirements from scopes of work prior to project.
| WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- It is preferable that you hold a degree in marine engineering or any other engineering degree
- You have an overall experience of 5 to 10 years.
During your career, you are expected to have built the below soft and technical skills:
- Fluent in both written and spoken English.
- Have strong teamwork and leadership abilities.
- Strong technical capability and management experience in the marine sector.
- Technical management, and business development/technical sales are an advantage.
| WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT OF TMC
TMC is a technology and science company that brings expertise to their clients in order to support them with the realization of their technological challenges. As such, TMC is operating as an expert center at the disposition of its clients in order to help them to be more competitive in an ever more global and faster changing technological world.
TMC is truly unique thanks to our business model called the Employeneurship model which comes as a true innovation for the High Technology consulting business. It's the business relationship of the 21th century for high skilled Engineers & Scientists, and our model is built around 5 main pillars:
- Permanent employment contract, offering you stability and security
- Individual profit sharing: know your market value and share in the profit your work generates
- One-on-one coaching and trainings designed to help you develop your entrepreneurial skills
- The competence cells structure, providing a strong relevant network
- The entrepreneurial lab: a playground for new ideas and a launching for start-ups