SYSTEM STUDIES ENGINEER - PITTSBURGH
Are you looking for a work environment where you can innovate, reach greater heights and collaborate with experts from a wide range of sectors? Join us !
We’d love to hear from you.Apply now
| Your challenges ?
Perform power systems engineering studies in the areas of electromagnetic transients, load flow, short circuit, transient stability, control design, equipment applications, and other technical areas for T&D applications. Prepare and present technical reports. Support proposals in response to customer specifications, RFP / RFQ, and technical information requests for power systems engineering analysis.
- Use software such as ATP, EMTP, EMTP-RV, PSCAD, MATLAB, ASPEN, CAPE, CDEGS, and others to conduct insulation coordination, harmonic, short circuit, grounding, and other related studies for T&D equipment, including FACTS and HVDC.
- Use software such as CYME, Synergi, etap, Milsoft, and Plexos to perform studies on renewable resources, distributed energy resources, battery energy storage, relay and protection, monitoring, and smart grid related applications.
- Use software such as PSLF, PSS/E, DigSILENT, DSA Tools, Power World, and others to conduct load flow, transient stability, reactive planning, infrastructure re-enforcement, generator interconnection, and related studies, including FACTS and HVDC.
- Support generator testing, model development, and validation to standards.
- Use C, C++, MATLAB, Java, Perl, Python, and others to enhance simulations and to model T&D equipment, including FACTS and HVDC.
- Support pre-specification for T&D equipment, including design-oriented parameters.
- Achieve standard of quality and meet schedules for simulation model development, analytics, and reporting. Use an engineered process throughout the stages of the study.
- Prepare and present technical reports to internal and external customers on schedule within quality standards, evidenced by minimized edits, minimized re-work, and positive feedback internally and externally.
- Support proposals in response to customer specifications, RFP / RFQ, and technical information requests.
- Support large-scale technical proposals for studies in various markets and in partnership with other firms.
- Support application engineering for other MEPPI divisions/departments.
- Prepare technical papers and articles for publication in professional society journals and trade magazines; and for presentation at professional society meetings, industry conferences, and trade exhibitions.
| What do we expect from you ?
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering with 0-2 years experience through internships and/or co-op programs with emphasis on electric power engineering, or equivalent education and experience.
- Basic knowledge of electric power systems and equipment operation and control.
- Intermediate interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills required to communicate with customers and employees.
- Ability to work in a team environment and on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and adapt to change within a fast-paced business environment.
- Familiar with the following programs and modeling tools:
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and related
- ATP, EMTP, EMTP-RV, PSCAD, MATLAB, ASPEN, CAPE, and CDEGS
- PSLF, PSS/E, DigSILENT, DSA Tools, Power World, and related
- CYME, Synergi, etap, Milsoft, and Plexos
- Economic software like PROMOD or MAPS
- C, C++, MATLAB, Java, Perl, Python, and others
- Intermediate knowledge of industry standards and guides (NESC, NERC, IEEE, IEC, and CIGRE).
- Minimum Physical Requirements
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 25% of the time
| What can you expect from TMC ?
TMC is an international high-tech consultancy company that brings expertise to their clients in order to support them with the realization of their technological challenges. As such, TMC is operating as an expert center at the disposition of its clients and we help them to be more competitive in an ever more global and faster changing technological world.
At TMC we believe that people are the driving force behind technological innovation. That is why we want to create the best possible conditions for tech talents to thrive in. We offer you a challenging and stimulating work environment in which you can be the director of your own career.
As an Employeneur you are part of our TMC family. Next to our outstanding technical expertise, fun and engagement are meaningful parts of our culture.
| Why choose for Employeneurship ?
We are truly unique thanks to our Employeneurship model which is a true innovation for the High Technology consulting business. It is the business relationship of the 21th century for high skilled technical professionals. It is built around 5 main pillars:
- You will have a permanent employment contract, offering you stability and security
- You will get to know your market value and have a share in the profit your work generates thanks to the individual profit sharing
- We will support you with a one-on-one coaching and trainings designed to help you develop your entrepreneurial skills
- The competence cells structure, provides you with a strong meaningful and relevant network
- The entrepreneurial lab: a playground for new ideas and a potential launching for start-ups
TMC is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Is TMC a perfect fit for you? We’d love to hear from you.
Feel Free to Contact
Talent Acquisition Specialist, North America
Tel: +1 (438) 233 – 1579