SENIOR SOFTWARE ARCHITECT & PROJECT COORDINATOR - MONTREAL
| COMPANY DESCRIPTION:
TMC is a unique collection of self-starting, highly skilled scientists and technical professionals. Our unparalleled Employeneurship model offers engineers from all backgrounds the comforts of employment and the opportunities of entrepreneurship. This makes for a challenging, stimulating environment that you are welcome explore. TMC is a Netherlands based organization with offices in Belgium, France, Italy, Spain, Dubai, Sweden and now Canada.
The Senior software architect & project coordinator is responsible to help define the Diagnostics, Prognostics and Health Management (DPHM) IT architecture and formulate requirements, co-ordinate with the organization and manage an RFI/RFP and subsequent vendor interactions.
- Software systems are to be built in a way that best ensures that functional requirements are met whilst also ensure that service qualities (performance & scalability) are achieved
- Create a visionary DPHM IT roadmap and architecture framework to align DPHM business vision to IT vision
- Develop DPHM business requirement documents
- Oversee platform selection, HW, SW selection processes, Pilot studies across DPHM IT architecture
- Provide high level guidance and direction on project work, making sure that new projects fit in with the overall strategic vision. Contribute to the department or business unit by applying their advanced knowledge of one or more functional areas.
- Lead the process for the definition, development, validation of the solution for the Diagnostics, Prognostics & Health Management for the DPHM Ecosystem
Tasks include actions related to:
- Project Management: independently coordinate cross-functional teams using a collaborative approach to meet deliverables (internally and with suppliers)
- Software system architecture definition and requirements and specifications development
- Projects coordination, budgeting, process development/implementation, supplier management
- Participate to the software testing investigation (Unit, integration, UAT)
- Implementation of a structure to facilitate a continuous integration approach
The project scope covers the following deliverables:
- Deliver enhanced DPHM Ecosystem and services in time for the product entry into service.
- DPHM Ecosystem IT architecture definition
- Completion of RFP and vendor selection for DPHM Ecosystem suppliers and/or partners.
- Project co-ordination to develop and test IT and services solution
- Process and service mapping with stake holder departments to integrate DPHM analytics into premium front line service structure.
- Deployment, sustainment and technology insertion plans
- DPHM Ecosystem IT architecture definition
- Ground Based IT system requirements management system development/validation/verification as well as IT supplier management.
- Business unit DPHM liaison
- Bachelor's degree in software development Engineering with 5 to 10 years experience
- Strong demonstrated Agile development and SDLC processes knowledge
- Good understanding of turbine engine maintenance and turbine engine control system
- Software development (C++, Java)
- Web technology (.NET, J2EE, XML, HTML, CSS, jQuery, Ajax, WebService/Restful)
- Database knowledge (MSSQL, ORACLE), Data modelling
- Good oral and writing skills in French and English are required
- IT Application architecture, Design methodologies across multiple platforms
- Performance, scalability studies, human interaction, software ergonomics
| WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT OF TMC:
From our business model:
- A truly unique and innovative work tool: The Employeneurship Model
- Access to our network of executive coaches to support your career growth.
- A modern and collaborative framework that encourages innovation, knowledge sharing and the development of transversal expertise (Brainstorming sessions, Impact sessions, Entrepreneurial Lab. A horizontal organization that promotes initiative and facilitates decision-making
- Performing in an environment that values Research and Development (70% of the team are Masters and PhD).
- Being part of an efficient management culture based on total transparency and revaluation of our Engineers' salaries and individual profit sharing
- Getting access to real development opportunities in a group with strong national and international growth
- Professional coach to support your career plan assigned from day one
- Sessions in an entrepreneurial lab to work on your own projects
- All the advantages of a large group (RRSP contributions and Health & Life Insurance) in an environment and work mode of a start-up, with a young and dynamic team
- A customized package including, among others, a bonus based on monthly performances