(Senior) MEMS designer
As a (Senior) MEMS designer at TMC Nanotechnology you apply your in depth scientific expertise to R&D environments, where you support TMC Nanotechnology customers in the development of highly advanced innovations in the field of MEMS, actuators, sensors and microfluidic devices.
The work will mainly be conducted in project teams of various (technical) disciplines, such as mechanical, software, chemical and other engineers. It is crucial that you have a good overview of the possible applications of your expertise and that you’re able to motivate this to others.
We are looking for
Our ideal candidate for this position is an experienced MEMS design engineer with a high affinity for an industrial environment. During your past work experience you have gained extensive knowledge in the design and manufacturing of MEMS and nanostructures, such as nano-actuators or microfluidic devices.
- Master or PhD in Nanotechnology, Physics, Material Science or a similar study;
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant R&D experience in the high-tech industry related to MEMS/sensor development;
- Extensive knowledge in: MEMS design specification, architecture, modelling, mask design, etc.;
- Experience with FEA modelling (e.g. Ansys, Comsol);
- Experience with data analysis software such as Matlab is highly preferred;
- Very good oral and written communicative skills in English (Dutch is highly desirable);
- Stress resistant, team player and strong personality;
- Entrepreneurial spirit;
What you can expect of TMC
We offer excellent primary and secondary terms of employment, based on our unique employeneurship business model:
- Market level salary, based on education and experience;
- Individual profit sharing;
- Personal education and coaching budget to advance your career;
- A permanent contract;
- Large network in specialized business cells;
- Involvement in the development of the company;
- Personal control of your secondary benefits;
- Non-competition clause;
TMC Nanotechnology. It’s people who drive technology.
TMC Nanotechnology is an innovative engineering and consultancy company active in the nanotechnology market domain. Our experts and consultants are mainly working in projects within research and engineering departments of our clients. The Employeneurs of TMC Nanotechnology have a focus on the nano- to micrometer size scale. Tailoring materials and processes on that scale to their benefit and translating nanoscale phenomena to real world applications.
Their multidisciplinary, pragmatic and entrepreneurial way of working provide innovative solutions for projects ranging from, concept development to research and development to new product introduction. They are involved in fundamental and applied research assignments that require high-level technological expertise, contributing to the development of complex products and processes that are crucial for our customers.