Safety Engineer - New York
As the Site Safety Engineer, your initial assignment will be the Safety Engineer as a representative at the project site, to lead or assist the safety and health regulations set by OSHA at the site
We’d love to hear from you.Apply now
| Your challenges?
- Overall project safety lead, responsible for coordinating to ensure unity of effort on safety throughout the project.
- Observe, promote, and enforce safe practices, Personal Protective Equipment use, Respiratory Protection Program, Lock-out/Tag-out and other necessary procedures.
- Lead, participate in, and document meetings for safety and health planning and action, such as Lock-out coordination with the customer and mobile crane lift plans.
- Anticipate, recognize, & control occupational health hazards, including heat stress, HazMat, confined space entry.
- Complete and file project safety and health documentation, including daily inspections, hot work permits, etc.
- Perform incident management by taking immediate action in case of mishap (injury, vehicle, property, near misses).
- Investigate, report, and communicate on root cause and corrective actions taken to avoid reoccurrence.
- Conduct daily safety and health inspections and maintain a written log which includes area/operation inspected, date of inspection, identified hazards, recommended corrective actions, estimated and actual dates of corrections. Attach safety inspection logs to the Contractors' daily production report.
- Maintain one OSHA Form 300 "Log of Work-Related Injuries and Illnesses" and one OSHA Form 300A "Summary of Work-Related Injuries and Illnesses" and document safety oversight work in the Daily Production Reports for prime and all subcontractors. Update OSHA Form 300A on a monthly basis and post it at the Contractor's construction trailer throughout the construction period. Submit final OSHA Form 300A along with OSHA Form "Calculating Injury and Illness Incidence Rates," which includes the Total Recordable Cases Incidence Rate and DART Incidence Rate.
| What do we expect from you?
- United States Citizen with no dual citizenship, ties to another country or foreign work/citizenship Visa
- Minimum five (5) years on-the-job EHS experience.
- Completion of the OSHA 30-hour outreach course for Construction or General Industry, plus annual refresher.
- Current certification held in First Aid and CPR.
- Experience with nuclear and/or Power Plants.
- Experience working with gas/oil turbines.
- Familiar with fall prevention and protection requirements.
- Familiar with scaffolding and flagging.
- Ability to speak clearly in front of groups, to answer questions, and to explain the reasons behind safety rules.
- Ability to pass a security clearance including no DUI or DWI record
| What can you expect from TMC?
TMC is an international high-tech consultancy company that brings expertise to their clients in order to support them with the realization of their technological challenges. As such, TMC is operating as an expert center at the disposition of its clients and we help them to be more competitive in an ever more global and faster changing technological world.
At TMC we believe that people are the driving force behind technological innovation. That is why we want to create the best possible conditions for tech talents to thrive in. We offer you a challenging and stimulating work environment in which you can be the director of your own career.
As an Employeneur you are part of our TMC family. Next to our outstanding technical expertise, fun and engagement are meaningful parts of our culture.
| Why choose for Employeneurship?
We are truly unique thanks to our Employeneurship model which is a true innovation for the High Technology consulting business. It is the business relationship of the 21th century for high skilled technical professionals. It is built around 5 main pillars:
- You will have a permanent employment contract, offering you stability and security
- You will get to know your market value and have a share in the profit your work generates thanks to the individual profit sharing
- We will support you with a one-on-one coaching and trainings designed to help you develop your entrepreneurial skills
- The competence cells structure, provides you with a strong meaningful and relevant network
- The entrepreneurial lab: a playground for new ideas and a potential launching for start-ups
TMC is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Is TMC a perfect fit for you? We’d love to hear from you.
Feel Free to Contact
Talent Acquisition Specialist, North America
Tel: +1 (438) 233 – 1579