RESEARCH ENGINEER INDUSTRY 4.0
To interconnect machines, robots, AGV’s and operators in production, you will work on intelligent network systems. Collaborate in a research team with expertise in concept designs, system architectures, software development, modelling and simulation, algorithms, cloud computing and big data architectures.
We’d love to hear from you.Apply now
| Your challenges?
- Trace and present industrial challenges and new research opportunities within the scope of the Industrial IoT for production environments;
- Study new methods of connecting production systems to AI algorithms (within a cloud or edge environment);
- Create software prototypes that demonstrate the feasibility and value of smart manufacturing functions to manufacturing companies. For this, you will efficiently merge multiple state-of-the-art Industrial IoT technologies (edge and cloud (PaaS/SaaS/IaaS) databases, ETL solutions, container technology, data analytics, protocols such as MQTT, OPC/UA, etc.);
- Enable the connection between IT platforms MES (Manufacturing Execution System) / ERP / MOM / LIMS / PLM, etc. To this end, invent, develop, program and realize innovative extensions to MES systems and the associated software architectures. You also take into account data inflow from other relevant data sources (operator input, measurements, public data,…);
- Incorporate your developments in practical applications and test the software on a functional demonstrator – prototype assembly cell.
| What do we expect from you?
- Doctoral or master’s degree in a relevant engineering sciences;
- At least 4 years of relevant experience in an industrial or academic context (e.g. PhD);
- Knowledge of programming languages such as C#, Python, Java, Go, .Net, etc;
- A large dose of eagerness to learn industrial automation, instrumentation, real-time deterministic controls, SCADA.
| What can you expect from TMC?
TMC is an international high-tech consultancy company that brings expertise to its clients in order to support them with the realization of their technological challenges. As such, TMC is operating as an expert center at the disposition of its clients and we help them to be more competitive in an ever more global and faster changing technological world.
At TMC we believe that people are the driving force behind technological innovation. That is why we want to create the best possible conditions for tech talents to thrive in. We offer you a challenging and stimulating work environment in which you can be the director of your own career.
As an Employeneur you are part of our TMC family. Next to our outstanding technical expertise, fun and engagement are meaningful parts of our culture.
| Why choose for Employeneurship?
We are truly unique thanks to our Employeneurship model which is a true innovation for the High Technology consulting business. It is the business relationship of the 21st century for high skilled technical professionals. It is built around 5 main pillars:
- You will have a permanent employment contract, offering you stability and security
- You will get to know your market value and have a share in the profit your work generates thanks to the individual profit sharing
- We will support you with one-on-one coaching and training designed to help you develop your entrepreneurial skills
- The competence cells structure provides you with a strong meaningful and relevant network
- The entrepreneurial lab: a playground for new ideas and a potential launching for start-ups
TMC is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Is TMC a perfect fit for you? We’d love to hear from you.
Feel Free to Contact