Power Supply / Design Engineer - Montréal
If you are passionate about projects where you can put into execution your skills in Design Engineering while materializing your own entrepreneurial aspirations, join us!
We’d love to hear from you.Apply now
Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary engineering team to develop state-of-the-art spacecraft equipment DC power supplies and associated regulator circuitry using PCB technology. Oversee detailed designs and documentation such as analysis, parts lists, schematics, assembly drawings and test procedures.
The incumbent will be a leader to a team of designers for various related tasks such as:
- Detailed EPC Electrical designs
- Conceptual designs
- Design Simulations (LTSpice preferred)
- Support to System Engineering trade-offs
- Detailed design documentation
- PCB layouts
- BOMs and Assembly drawings
- Failure Mode (FMECA) and Worst Case Analysis (WCA).
- Prepare detailed review material such as Preliminary Design Reviews (PDR) and Critical Design Reviews (CDR).
- Create compliance tables along with predictions of power supply performance characteristics using LTSpice or PSpice.
- Provide support for the manufacturing activity for both the build and electrical testing activities.
- Develop automated testing concepts for high volume of more than 30 EPCs per day
- Contributing to R&D programs and supporting the proposal generation process are also assignments within this position.
|What do we expect from you?
Candidates should have between 5 to 10 years of experience in the field of advanced high frequency, high efficiency Full Bridge power supply designs.
- Design of Ultra-high efficiency EPCs using Synchronous Rectifier Mosfets (eGaN preferred)
- High frequency power supply designs above 200 kHz (up to 1 MHz desired)
- Use of Radiation hardened Mosfets (eGaN preferred) Design of discrete low cost high performance isolated gate drive circuits for Mosfets
- Familiarity with designing to spacecraft requirements (radiation, high reliability)
- Strong hands-on laboratory experience measuring performance and debug of designs
- Leading a team of less experienced engineers as well as performing detailed designs
- B.Sc or equivalent in Electrical Engineering, M.Sc preferred.
- Additional power industry design courses
- Strong teamwork capabilities, along with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently.
|What can you expect from TMC?
TMC is an international high-tech consultancy company that brings expertise to their clients in order to support them with the realization of their technological challenges. As such, TMC is operating as an expert center at the disposition of its clients and we help them to be more competitive in an ever more global and faster changing technological world.
At TMC we believe that people are the driving force behind technological innovation. That is why we want to create the best possible conditions for tech talents to thrive in. We offer you a challenging and stimulating work environment in which you can be the director of your own career.
As an Employeneur you are part of our TMC family. Next to our outstanding technical expertise, fun and engagement are meaningful parts of our culture.
|Why choose for Employeneurship?
We are truly unique thanks to our Employeneurship model which is a true innovation for the High Technology consulting business. It is the business relationship of the 21th century for high skilled technical professionals. It is built around 5 main pillars:
- You will have a permanent employment contract, offering you stability and security;
- You will get to know your market value and have a share in the profit your work generates thanks to the individual profit sharing;
- We will support you with a one-on-one coaching and trainings designed to help you develop your entrepreneurial skills;
- The competence cells structure, provides you with a strong meaningful and relevant network;
- The entrepreneurial lab: a playground for new ideas and a potential launching for start-ups.
TMC is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Is TMC a perfect fit for you? We’d love to hear from you.
Feel Free to Contact
Talent Acquisition Specialist, North America
Tel: +1 (438) 686 5994