OPTICAL DESIGNER - MID-SENIOR LEVEL
| JOB DESCRIPTION:
At TMC Physics, an Optical Designer is responsible for assisting our clients in the design and development of complex optical systems, including lens design, reflective and refractive systems, scanning systems, Gaussian optics and laser propagation, illumination. You will work on optics in various applications: imaging optics, fiber optics, illumination optics, waveguide optics, and spectrometers.
The work will mainly be conducted in project teams of various (technical) disciplines. It is crucial that you have a good overview over the possible application areas of your expertise and that you are able to motivate this to others. Operating in dynamic, multi-disciplinary teams, you sharpen your technical know-how as well as your soft skills by cooperating with your peers.
| WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
You have an MSc or PhD in (Applied) Physics, Optics, or related background, and at least two years of relevant working experience. During your M.Sc., Ph.D. or through professional experience you have gained expertise in one or more of the following topics:
- Practical/industrial experience in optical (system) design;
- Extensive experience in the use of optical design tools, such as ZEMAX, Lighttools, CODE-V, Breault ASAP or similar;
- Working knowledge of ray tracing (sequential and non-sequential);
- Good understanding of optical test methods and standard specifications for optical components;
- Thorough understanding of fundamental optical principles geometrical optics, polarisation, interference & diffraction, non-linear optics, Fourier optics, Gaussian propagation;
- Good oral and written communicative skills;
- Stress resistant, team player and strong personality;
- Serious motivation for the Employeneurship model of TMC;
- Preferable, you have experience in preparing and delivering technical reports, papers, patents and presentations.
We are looking for people who are challenged by the TMC Employeneurs model and who are looking for a further development of their career in a challenging environment. You want to be active in a multi-disciplinary team that drives technological progress. You have a pragmatic and entrepreneurial mindset, and you tackle challenges in a pro-active manner. You have excellent oral and written communication skills and can handle multiple projects and activities simultaneously.
| WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT OF TMC:
TMC is a technology and science company that brings expertise to their clients in order to support them with the realization of their technological challenges. As such, TMC is operating as an expert center at the disposition of its clients in order to help them to be more competitive in an ever more global and faster changing technological world.
TMC is truly unique thanks to our business model called the Employeneurship model which comes as a true innovation for the High Technology consulting business. It's the business relationship of the 21th century for high skilled Engineers & Scientists, and our model is built around 5 main pillars:
- Permanent employment contract, offering you stability and security
- Individual profit sharing: know your market value and share in the profit your work generates
- One-on-one coaching and trainings designed to help you develop your entrepreneurial skills
- The competence cells structure, providing a strong relevant network
- The entrepreneurial lab: a playground for new ideas and a launching for start-ups