MICROFLUIDICS ENGINEER – LIFE SCIENCE APPLICATION
We are looking for an engineer with a strong technical background in the field of microfluidics with deep experience in design, packaging and test for life sciences applications. We are looking for an experienced engineer, preferably with product development experience, who is highly motivated to work together with our design engineers and application scientists to develop prototype microfluidic systems. It is essential that you are a hands-on person with excellent engineering skills and a personal drive to achieve project goals
This person will have to:
- Design and test prototype microfluidic devices for research and diagnostic applications
- Develop integration and packaging solutions for microfluidic systems involving components such as molded fluidic cartridges, reagent packs, silicon devices, PCBs, and various sensors.
- Work closely with an interdisciplinary team to define requirements and system trade-offs
- Interface with external vendors for selection of components or procurement of customized parts
- Work according to agreed customer timelines and report on progress internally and to customers
- Design and execute test plans together with application scientists
- Quickly adapt to new projects based on internal and external requests
- You have at least a Master’s degree in mechanical engineering, chemical engineering, industrial engineering, or other equivalent discipline with at least 5 years’ experience in microfluidic device design, integration and testing. Experience in the development of a life sciences product is preferred.
- You have experience in microfluidic packaging and integration solutions for fluidic interfaces, reagent storage and dispensing, biocompatibility and thermal management.
- You are familiar with microfluidics manufacturing technologies including injection molding, bonding, mechanical machining, laser machining, microfabrication or other equivalent technologies
- You are familiar with Solid Works or other equivalent CAD packages
- You have experience in microfluidics testing with experience in tolerancing. reliability and failure analysis
- You have experience working with contract manufacturers and/or custom design houses for custom development needs
- You are a team player.
- You are fluent in English and have excellent communication skills
TMC is a technology and science company that brings expertise to their clients in order to support them with the realisation of their technological challenges. As such, TMC is operating as an expert centre at the disposition of its clients in order to help them to be more competitive in an ever more global and faster changing technological world.
TMC is truly unique thanks to our business model called the Employeneurship model which comes as a true innovation for the High Technology consulting business. It's the business relationship of the 21th century for high skilled Engineers & Scientists, and our model is built around 5 main pillars:
- Permanent employment contract, offering you stability and security
- Individual profit sharing: know your market value and share in the profit your work generates
- One-on-one coaching and trainings designed to help you develop your entrepreneurial skills
- The competence cells structure, providing a strong relevant network
- The entrepreneurial lab: a playground for new ideas and a launching for start-ups