JUNIOR/MEDIOR OPTICAL ENGINEER
Are you interested in challenging optical design problems and working on the edge of new technologies in fields from high-tech and automotive to lighting and from medical to space? Then read on.
We’d love to hear from you.Apply now
| Your challenges?
At TMC Physics, an Optical Engineer is responsible for assisting our clients in the design and development of complex optical systems, including lens design, reflective and refractive systems, scanning systems, Gaussian optics and laser propagation, illumination. You will work on optics in various applications: imaging optics, fiber optics, illumination optics, waveguide optics.
The work will mainly be conducted in project teams of various (technical) disciplines. It is crucial that you have a good overview over the possible application areas of your expertise and that you are able to motivate this to others. Operating in dynamic, multi-disciplinary teams, you sharpen your technical know-how as well as your soft skills by cooperating with your peers.
| What do we expect from you?
You have an MSc or PhD in (Applied) Physics, Optics, or related background, and at least two years of relevant working experience. During your M.Sc., Ph.D. or through professional experience you have gained expertise in one or more of the following topics:
· Practical/industrial experience in optical (system) design/engineering;
· Extensive experience in the use of optical design tools, such as ZEMAX, Lighttools, CODE-V, Breault ASAP or similar;
· Working knowledge of ray tracing (sequential and non-sequential);
· Good understanding of optical test methods and standard specifications for optical components;
· Thorough understanding of fundamental optical principles geometrical optics, polarisation, interference & diffraction, non-linear optics, Fourier optics, Gaussian propagation;
· Stress resistant, team player and strong personality;
· Preferable, you have experience in preparing and delivering technical reports, papers, patents and presentations.
You know how to set up and perform experiments and analyses related to optical systems. Preferable, you have experience in preparing and delivering technical reports, papers, patents and presentations
We are looking for people who are challenged by the TMC Employeneurs model and who are looking for a further development of their career in a challenging environment. You want to be active in a multi-disciplinary team that drives technological progress. You have a pragmatic and entrepreneurial mindset, and you tackle challenges in a pro-active manner. You have excellent oral and written communication skills and can handle multiple projects and activities simultaneously.
| What does our Business Cell have to offer?
TMC Physics Employeneurs are highly educated, skilled and motivated people. From implementing the most basic to realizing the most exotic, from manipulating the very small to controlling the very large, TMC Physics contributes to ground-breaking technology development. With its broad scope this covers everything from theoretical research to application engineering.
Topics TMC Physics Employeneurs are working on are among others (but not limited to) Photonics, System Engineering, Optics, (Thermal and Flow) Modelling, Experimentation and (Aero)Space Engineering.
| What can you expect from TMC?
TMC is an international high-tech consultancy company that brings expertise to their clients in order to support them with the realization of their technological challenges. As such, TMC is operating as an expert center at the disposition of its clients and we help them to be more competitive in an ever more global and faster changing technological world.
At TMC we believe that people are the driving force behind technological innovation. That is why we want to create the best possible conditions for tech talents to thrive in. We offer you a challenging and stimulating work environment in which you can be the director of your own career.
As an Employeneur you are part of our TMC family. Next to our outstanding technical expertise, fun and engagement are meaningful parts of our culture.
| Why choose for Employeneurship?
We are truly unique thanks to our Employeneurship model which is a true innovation for the High Technology consulting business. It is the business relationship of the 21th century for high skilled technical professionals. It is built around 5 main pillars:
- You will have a permanent employment contract, offering you stability and security
- You will get to know your market value and have a share in the profit your work generates thanks to the individual profit sharing
- We will support you with a one-on-one coaching and trainings designed to help you develop your entrepreneurial skills
- The competence cells structure, provides you with a strong meaningful and relevant network
- The entrepreneurial lab: a playground for new ideas and a potential launching for start-ups
TMC is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Is TMC a perfect fit for you? We’d love to hear from you.
Feel Free to Contact
Robert van Tankeren
Director Physics, Netherlands
Tel: +31 (0)6 12 30 78 83