FUNCTIONAL SAFETY ENGINEER
As an expert or a high potential in functional safety, you will execute research projects, developing the intelligent and autonomous vehicles of the future (cars, drones, AGV’s…)
We’d love to hear from you.Apply now
| Your challenges?
You will work together in research team that sets up the system architecture and testing procedures for new automation functionalities in highly automated vehicles for a variety of industry partners (automotive sector, AGVs, public transport, logistic transportation, drones, ‘follow-me’ vehicles…). Being highly involved in every stage of the development, you are responsible to make sure that the new system will achieve the required level of safety integrity.
More specific, you:
- Think about the electric/electronical design
- Map possible hazards and risks caused by the malfunctioning behavior of electronic and electrical systems, taking into account the (A)SIL level of the vehicle application;
- Challenge your team members to see the vulnerabilities of the design (“What if…”)
- Perform safety analyses: from the first idea until the execution phase, using standards to follow up on the safety of items and system elements
- Impact directly on the architecture concept with your results;
- Figure out which tests will be needed to prove the functional safety is sufficient
| What do we expect from you?
- Master or PhD in Engineering (Electrical, Electronical, Automotive of Safety Critical Engineering)
- Knowledge of standards (ISO26262, ISO61508) or willingness to learn them on short notice
- Some experience with techniques for analyses (e.g. FMEDA, FMEA, HARA, HAZOP, FTA)
- Broad knowledge in vehicle technology and modelling software (SysML modeling, MATLAB/Simulink)
- Knowledge of the system engineering process (requirements, configuration management…)
- Affinity with programming languages (e.g. Python, C++, relational SQL data bases)
- Track record in functional safety is highly appreciated, preferably in automotive or in a related sector
| What can you expect from TMC?
TMC is an international high-tech consultancy company that brings expertise to their clients in order to support them with the realization of their technological challenges. As such, TMC is operating as an expert center at the disposition of its clients and we help them to be more competitive in an ever more global and faster changing technological world.
At TMC we believe that people are the driving force behind technological innovation. That is why we want to create the best possible conditions for tech talents to thrive in. We offer you a challenging and stimulating work environment in which you can be the director of your own career.
As an Employeneur you are part of our TMC family. Next to our outstanding technical expertise, fun and engagement are meaningful parts of our culture.
| Why choose for Employeneurship?
We are truly unique thanks to our Employeneurship model which is a true innovation for the High Technology consulting business. It is the business relationship of the 21th century for high skilled technical professionals. It is built around 5 main pillars:
- You will have a permanent employment contract, offering you stability and security
- You will get to know your market value and have a share in the profit your work generates thanks to the individual profit sharing
- We will support you with a one-on-one coaching and trainings designed to help you develop your entrepreneurial skills
- The competence cells structure, provides you with a strong meaningful and relevant network
- The entrepreneurial lab: a playground for new ideas and a potential launching for start-ups
TMC is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Is TMC a perfect fit for you? We’d love to hear from you.
Feel Free to Contact
Tel: +32 (0)492 577 922
Business Manager, Belgium
Tel: +32 (0)494 11 40 91