| JOB DESCRIPTION:
As a Firmware Designer at TMC, you will join the firmware design team and will be involved in the full firmware development cycle of products. You’ll have the chance to work with challenging products designed for extreme environments. Our designs are related to image processing, sensor readout, system integration, digital and analog electronics in combination with FPGA’s. You will be involved in jobs ranging from realizing IP cores in CPLD to SOC designs to interfacing with software, electronics and image sensors. You will work with FPGA and SDK tools to realize a fully working system, where you’re in charge for the design, debugging and releasing the firmware. You support the software team to build systems with bare metal code or by using an (embedded) Linux OS. Our firmware designers appreciate the challenges linked to our products and environment, the ability to work for investigational/research purposes and the freedom to work with the latest technology and tools. In our company, teamwork is essential.
| WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Master or Bachelor in electronics or computer science or similar with several years of relevant experience;
- You have passion for digital and electronics design;
- You master VHDL and you’re not afraid of analyzing some Verilog code;
- You have knowledge of Xilinx FPGA’s and/or Microsemi FPGA’s
- Proficient with FPGA tools for synthesis, analyzing and mapping your design;
- Experienced in usage of simulation tools for validation and verification;
- FPGA internals have no secrets for you, timing critical design keeps you challenged;
- Hands-on in programming languages is a plus. (Python, C++…);
- You are not afraid of using GIT for version control;
- You can find your way in a Linux environment, makefiles and buildflows;
- A methodology and documentation mind is needed;
- You have successfully realized projects in similar environments.
- Preferably you have knowledge of business areas like semiconductors, healthcare or consumer electronics;
- You are fluent in English and have excellent communication skills.
| WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT OF TMC:
TMC is a technology and science company that brings expertise to their clients in order to support them with the realization of their technological challenges. As such, TMC is operating as an expert center at the disposition of its clients in order to help them to be more competitive in an ever more global and faster changing technological world.
TMC is truly unique thanks to our business model called the Employeneurship model which comes as a true innovation for the High Technology consulting business. It's the business relationship of the 21th century for high skilled Engineers & Scientists, and our model is built around 5 main pillars:
- Permanent employment contract: offering you stability and security
- Individual profit sharing: know your market value and share in the profit your work generates
- YOUniversity program: develop your soft/entrepreneurial and hard skills through personal coaching and customized trainings
- Knowledge sharing platform: be part of a business unit based on competences, providing a strong relevant network
- The entrepreneurial lab: a playground for new ideas and a launching for start-ups