FEM/CFD Research Engineer
We are currently enlarging our group of engineers who assist our clients in the development and deployment of systems in various technical industries. We are looking for people who are challenged by the TMC Employeneurs model and who are looking for a further development of their career in a challenging environment.
We’d love to hear from you.Apply now
| Your challenges?
Within TMC Physics, a FEM/CFD research engineer is responsible for assisting our clients in the design and development of complex flow systems, involving (micro)fluidics, multiphysics phenomena, fluid dynamics, water/gas or particle flow, thermal control systems, thermal analysis, feedback and control strategies, thermal architecture and temperature control. You will develop and maintain numerical models, design and perform experiments optimizing the flow control or improving transport phenomena. You will work in R&D environments on various application areas: High Tech Systems, ultra precisions systems, automotive, medical industry.
The work will mainly be conducted in project teams of various (technical) disciplines. It is crucial that you have a good overview of the possible applications of your expertise and that you’re able to motivate this to others.
| What do we expect from you?
- MSc/PhD in (Applied) Physics, Aerospace engineering or similar education;
- Significant amount (> 5 years) of experience performing complex CFD analyses or related R&D; experience with fluid-structure interaction, turbulence modeling, and/or optimal design.
- Knowledge of compressible flow, vibrations, and shock physics
- Knowledge of FEM software, e.g. Abaqus, Ansys, MARC, LS-DYNA, STAR-CCM
- Experience with Matlab, Simulink, C++ or Fortran.
- Capacity to work in a team environment and to cultivate business-development opportunities
- High Performance Computing (HPC), code development and running high-fidelity simulations on parallel platforms
- Heat transfer modeling including conduction, convection, and radiation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, able to make clear recommendations to clients or suppliers;
| What does our Business Cell have to offer?
The Employeneurs of TMC Physics are strongly driven by content. TMC Physics Employeneurs are internationally orientated, come from different cultures and are critical by nature. These are traits our customers like to put to their advantage. Within the team of physics competences in the field of computational physics, thermal and flow, optics/instrumentation/vision and plasma physics are represented among others.
| What can you expect from TMC?
TMC is an international high-tech consultancy company that brings expertise to their clients in order to support them with the realization of their technological challenges. As such, TMC is operating as an expert center at the disposition of its clients and we help them to be more competitive in an ever more global and faster changing technological world.
At TMC we believe that people are the driving force behind technological innovation. That is why we want to create the best possible conditions for tech talents to thrive in. We offer you a challenging and stimulating work environment in which you can be the director of your own career.
As an Employeneur you are part of our TMC family. Next to our outstanding technical expertise, fun and engagement are meaningful parts of our culture.
| Why choose for Employeneurship?
We are truly unique thanks to our Employeneurship model which is a true innovation for the High Technology consulting business. It is the business relationship of the 21th century for high skilled technical professionals. It is built around 5 main pillars:
- You will have a permanent employment contract, offering you stability and security
- You will get to know your market value and have a share in the profit your work generates thanks to the individual profit sharing
- We will support you with a one-on-one coaching and trainings designed to help you develop your entrepreneurial skills
- The competence cells structure, provides you with a strong meaningful and relevant network
- The entrepreneurial lab: a playground for new ideas and a potential launching for start-ups
TMC is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Is TMC a perfect fit for you? We’d love to hear from you.
Feel Free to Contact
Director Data Science | Nanotechnology | Physics, Netherlands
Tel: +31 (0)6 52 89 25 70