ELECTRONIC NETWORK ENGINEERING SPECIALIST (f/m/d) (Ulm)
The candidate will be part of Network team, belonging to the ZEV Electric & Electronics department. The Network Specialist leads the definition of communication matrix within the on-board network, applying Network Engineering, Functional Safety and Cybersecurity industry best practices. The candidate will operate in the following responsibility areas: Management of change request and project network specification release, Internal communication protocol standard definition and update based on international standards, Network compliancy test, Management of the network tool chain. He/she will work to collect the needs from each team in the ZEV Electric & Electronics organization and define and integrate all the communication requirements inside the vehicle communication matrix. The candidate will define all the communication messages field based on the electronic architecture configuration, vehicle functions needs and communications BUS optimization. The activities include creative problem solving, analyzing and reverse engineering the baselined vehicle network architecture to identify regulatory gaps and improvements, and validation support to investigate on possible network problems
We’d love to hear from you.Apply now
• Define and release network specifications in line with internal development process.
• Create and maintain network communication matrix that meet the request from internal and external stakeholders (Regulations, Platform,
• drives and manage all the topics related to the communication protocol and related specification, which are the base documentation for any
ECU development or modification.
• work to reach proactively achieve the target, respecting international standard requirements, project time and budget.
• incorporate the engineering safety, security and quality standards, methodologies, and global product development processes into all aspects
of project development.
• work cohesively, collaborating with the teams to maximize quality, enhance performance and delivery on schedule
• MSc/BEng Degree or equivalent in Engineering with emphasis in Information Technology disciplines (Telecommunication Engineering preferred).
• “Bird's eye view” analytical skills, extended to the overall E/E architecture with a special care about communication BUS optimization and
predisposition for future evolution.
• Aptitude and curiosity over new communication protocol and technofixes within automotive fields.
• Proven experience for automotive network toolchains: Vector CANoe / CANalyzer / PreeVision / ldf Explorer / CANdb++.
• Knowledge about Automotive network communication protocol: CAN/CAN FD (SAE J1939, ISO 11898).
• Knowledge about Automotive network communication protocol: LIN (ISO 17987)
• Knowledge about Automotive network communication protocol: Automotive Ethernet (IEEE 802.3bp)
• Knowledge about Cybersecurity techniques in Automotive field: AUTOSAR Sec-OC.
• Knowledge about Network compliance test procedure and relative criticalities.
• Knowledge about on-board diagnostic protocols (e.g. SAEJ1939-73).
• Knowledge of Functional Safety methodologies and standards (e.g. ISO26262) applied to communication network;
• 5+ years of experience in Automotive Network Engineering, knowledge of SAEJ1939 is considered as a plus.
• Communication skills to cooperate with technical/management partners inside the company and of other agencies/companies, with
reference to external customers and experience working in multi-location teams;
• Proactive and disruptive mindset.
• English language: advanced level
• Availability to national and international business trips for short periods (approx. frequency: 1 trip per month)
Is TMC a perfect fit for you? We’d love to hear from you.
Feel Free to Contact
CEO TMC Germany
Tel: +49 179 6935178