Join us! Data Engineer opportunity in Montreal, Canada. We offer you the opportunity to work on our TMC's projects as well as your own.
We’d love to hear from you.Apply now
| JOIN tmc North america:
Our North American branch is strategically based in Montreal, in the province of Quebec. Montreal is one of the three major cities of Canada. Montreal Is a bilingual city which gives our branch an advantage in welcoming both French and English-speaking professionals. Our branch is made up of young, dynamic team of professionals who believe in the employeneurship model. Montreal Is the Aerospace/Aeronautic industry hub. It is the emerging high-tech city of Canada. The shortage of workers makes the service industry one of the main component of Canada’s economy and a place of endless various opportunities for high-tech professionals.
As a Data Engineer in our team you will be responsible with designing and/or building the complex data processing infrastructure that meets the business’s requirements; transforming large, complex data-sets into pragmatic, actionable insights; leveraging data to identify, quantify and realize tangible business gain; have the capacity to thrive in our fast-paced environment, adapt quickly and take ownership of your work; challenge ideas and methods while working together with talented, highly skilled team members.
| YOUR PROFILE:
- Ph.D. or M.Sc. software engineering, computer science, (theoretical) physics, econometrics, statistics, scientific computing, bioinformatics or comparable background
- 2 years or more of industry experience
- Strong background in Advanced Analytics or statistics theory
- Knowledge in Machine Learning, AI and neural network concepts, an asset
- Experience in relational database, dimensional modelling and database design
- Strong knowledge of C, C++, C#, Matlab, Python, R, Java, Hadoop, Spark, SQL, and/or noSQL or others
- Strong working knowledge of common BI toolkits, such as Tableau, Qlikview, Spotfire, Splunk, SAS, or others
- Experience with processing large data sets (> 1 TB), an asset
- Bilingual is a key asset
| WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT OF TMC:
- Professional certified coach to support your career plan chosen by you and assigned from day one
- Sessions in an entrepreneurial lab to work on your own projects
- All the advantages of a large group (RRSP contributions and Health & Life Insurance) in an environment and work mode of a start-up, with a young and dynamic team
- A customized package including, among others, an individual profit sharing based on transparency.
Our business model:
- A truly unique and innovative work tool: The Employeneurship Model
- Access to our network of executive coaches to support your career growth.
- A modern and collaborative framework that encourages innovation, knowledge sharing and the development of transversal expertise (Brainstorming sessions, Impact sessions, Entrepreneurial Lab.
- A horizontal organization that promotes initiative and facilitates decision-making
- Performing in an environment that values Research and Development ( 70% of the team are Masters and PhD).
- Being part of an efficient management culture based on total transparency and revaluation of our Engineers' salaries and individual profit sharing
- Getting access to real development opportunities in a group with strong national and international growth
Is TMC a perfect fit for you? We’d love to hear from you.
Feel Free to Contact
HR & Office Manager, North America
Tel: +1 514 482 3032