CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT ENGINEER
| JOB DESCRIPTION:
Working as Continuous Improvement Engineer brings a lot of variety to your daily tasks. You are the linking-pin between different departments (horizontal) and management layers (vertical), whilst keeping an ever process improving mindset. At TMC this diversity of work gets another boost: you switch between improvement projects in terms of different technological sectors, project time, organizational challenges, project timeframes and scopes.
Your main responsibilities are to be found in Lean/ Six Sigma improvement projects: you are the one deciding on the right angle towards efficient work and production. Depending on the client’s wishes you provide a plan to optimize the manufacturing environment. To do so, you’re taking action in communication with all internal- and external stakeholders. Forming the right project teams with members of various departments and getting them on board for the mission is part of your responsibilities. Creating awareness and motivation of the workforce on the production floor is part of the daily tasks as well: you are the engineer in the Gemba. Through understanding of all wishes, you successfully implement improvement projects and occasionally play a role in the after-care.
| WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Bachelor- or Master degree in Mechanical-, Electrical- or Industrial Engineering (or equivalent).
- Minimum of 5 years of industry experience in improvement projects within technological manufacturing environment(s).
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-moving and ambiguous environment.
- Fundamental inter-personal skills like stakeholders management, change management and motivation techniques.
- You are the generalist engineer: you’ve got a proven track-record working together with various departments in the process of the technological product lifecycle.
- Knowledge of modern manufacturing procedures.
- Knowledge/ affinity with Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma. Preferably certified (theoretical and practical) Green- or Black Belt.
- Excellent Dutch and English communication skills - both verbally & written.
| WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT OF TMC:
TMC is a technology and science company that brings expertise to their clients in order to support them with the realization of their technological challenges. As such, TMC is operating as an expert center at the disposition of its clients in order to help them to be more competitive in an ever more global and faster changing technological world.
TMC is truly unique thanks to our business model called the Employeneurship model which comes as a true innovation for the High Technology consulting business. It's the business relationship of the 21th century for high skilled Engineers & Scientists, and our model is built around 5 main pillars:
- Permanent employment contract, offering you stability and security
- Individual profit sharing: know your market value and share in the profit your work generates
- One-on-one coaching and trainings designed to help you develop your entrepreneurial skills
- The competence cells structure, providing a strong relevant network
- The entrepreneurial lab: a playground for new ideas and a launching for start-ups